We tell you the step by step of a recipe with a lot of flavor. This sorrentino recipe is enough for 4 people.
Ingredients: 4 eggs, 400 grams of flour, 30 milliliters of olive oil, 800 grams of pumpkin, 150 grams of mozzarella cheese, 2 purple onions, 1 green onion, mushrooms, 100 cubic centimeters of white wine, 250 cubic centimeters of cream of milk, 1 pinch of salt and 1 pinch of pepper.
Also read: Recipe: Bienenstich, the German dessert that you cannot stop making
1. Prepare the dough: place the flour in a bowl forming a volcano with it. In the center, add the salt, the olive oil and the 4 eggs. Little by little, mix and incorporate all the ingredients until you obtain a uniform dough. Let it rest for about 30 minutes before you start stretching it.
2. Cut the pumpkin into slices and place them on a baking tray with oil. Then, bake the pumpkin at 180° C until golden brown. Once cooked, make a puree, salt and pepper to taste and set aside. Separately, grate the selected cheese and mix it with the pumpkin puree and a chopped and sautéed purple onion.
3. To form the pumpkin sorrentines, stretch the dough with the kneading machine until it is very thin. On the sorrentino mold, arrange a layer of dough, fill it with the pumpkin and cheese puree, place another sheet of dough on top and seal each sorrentino. For the dough to be well sealed, it is better to moisten it beforehand. If you don’t have a kneading machine, use a rolling pin to roll out the dough.
4. Put a pot full of water and a little salt on the fire. When it boils, carefully add the pumpkin and cheese sorrentines and count about 3 minutes of cooking. Remove them with a slotted spoon and reserve them while you prepare the sauce.
5. For the sauce, finely chop the green onion, the remaining red onion in julienne strips and the mushrooms in quarters. In a pan, fry the onion and add the mushrooms. Sauté both ingredients for a few minutes and pour in the white wine, let the alcohol evaporate and, finally, pour in the cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste and add the sorrentines.