These are three measures that aim to strengthen the Argentine agro-export sector and our reserves together with our currency, which is so important in moments of so much uncertainty and volatility at a global and local level.
We have to face the worst drought in Argentine history. When one looks at the records, one finds the latest from 1922 and does not find comparatives from the point of view of climatic and productive impact that could show situations similar to the one we are experiencing. There is more of 69,000 producers in Argentina beaten, damaged, with irreparable losses in some cases.
The first thing that is sought with one of the three decrees that are launched is to establish the automaticity of the benefits of the Emergency for all producers in Argentina. It is intended that with this regulation fiscal and bank foreclosures be suspended, since while the emergency lasts, the perceptions of advance or advance payment of taxes that the State collects and that those 69,000 producers feel that the Argentine State not only assists them with some non-refundable contribution , but it makes it easier and viable for them to maintain access to the credit market to face what is expected to be a better stage from May with the arrival of the rains.
- The first measure It is focused on the fact that part of the resources that the second measure will generate are directed so that the countryside, which can sustain exports, gives a hand to the countryside that lost everything. The field is one of the great generators of foreign exchange and work in Argentina.
- the second measure It is oriented to the export increase program. Throughout 2022, with the oilseed agroindustrial complex linked to soybeans, it was possible to strengthen Argentina’s reserves in the second semester, finding a mutual incentive mechanism that reached the agricultural producer, strengthened the industrial capacity of the Argentine oilseed sector, maintained markets in the global food security agenda in which Argentina participates, but it was limited to what the soybean sector and its derivatives represented. It was decided to move forward not only with soybeans but also with the regional economies.
- the third measure is focused on those more than $3.7 billion of Argentine exporting companies that have not complied with the liquidation of the dollars they exported. In this case, a suspension mechanism will be activated. CUIT expired the deadlines established in the decree. Those who evaded their obligation to the BCRA for 3.7 billion dollars In some way, it is expected that they will become commercially unskilled people, because they harm not only Argentine companies and the economies that work, produce and export, but also the credibility and strength of the Argentine currency.
Argentina lost a large part of its traditional markets in the drought, and it seeks to sustain the fulfillment of contracts by making the maximum effort to work jointly between CIARA and the Argentine State, but also to open new markets and increase volume by opening the regional economies the possibility of exporting in a more competitive way. Selling Argentine work to the world is the only thing that is going to change that recurring idea that every ten years we enter into a crisis, and that selling Argentine work to the world needs talent, investment from our companies, but also an active State that puts ahead measures that promote these exports so that Argentina gains every day a little more market positions vis-à-vis the world.
- The automaticity of the benefits of the Emergency is established for all producers in Argentina.
- For the duration of the Emergency, fiscal and bank foreclosures, and advance or advance payment of taxes charged by the State are suspended.
- The export increase program for the case of the soybean complex will begin on Monday, April 8 and will end on May 31.
- It provides for a fixed exchange rate of $300 that improves the price for the producer.
- In the case of regional economies, it will work from April 8 to August 30.
- From tomorrow until next Friday, the regional economies that meet the three conditions to access the program will be incorporated one by one: participate in the price program, maintain employment and guarantee volume and supply of the products that are committed to the price program. .
- In the case of companies that have not complied with the liquidation of the dollars they exported, a CUIT suspension mechanism will be activated, once the deadlines established in the decree have expired.
- In parallel, the impossibility of accessing the exchange market for all these companies will be promoted.