The long weekend ended with a large number of tourists in the province of Córdoba. According to the Argentine Confederation of Medium Enterprises (Came), more than 400,000 people visited the city as well as different locations in the interior.
However, due to heavy vehicular traffic, fatalities due to traffic accidents were once again regrettable. In these four days of rest, six people died from various accidents.
Fatalities during the long weekend
– A 57-year-old woman died Thursday afternoon, on the eve of the XXL weekend. She was in a multiple collision that occurred on National Route 8 close to the town of Las Vertientes. The victim was taken to a health center with serious injuries and minutes later the death was confirmed.
– A motorcyclist had a serious accident in Santa Rosa de Calamuchita on Thursday morning, but died on the afternoon of the Friday holiday. It was a 23-year-old man who collided with the side of a utility vehicle that he was trying to turn. He was admitted to a hospital in the area and was later transferred to a health center in the city of Córdoba.
– A motorist was killed on Friday a couple of kilometers from the entrance to the town of General Cabrera. The victim was 74 years old and died after misleading his Volkswagen Up brand car on the so-called East Rural Road (El Carmen).
– A 22-year-old boy was struck by another driver on the route 11 at the height of the town of Ucacha. It happened on Saturday. The young man had lost control of his Chevrolet Corsa, but he had not been injured. When he tried to cross the road, he was hit by a Hilux truck and died hours later at the Municipal Hospital of that town.
– A fatal accident occurred this Monday in San Lorenzo Sud neighborhood of the city of Córdoba and left the balance of a 44-year-old man who lost his life. The victim was traveling in his car with his two children, crossed the lane and hit a bus. Both teenagers suffered different injuries.
– The last accident took place this Sunday in the rural area La Higuerita, in the north of the province. A 41-year-old man of Peruvian nationality died after losing control of his Toyota Hilux truck. The vehicle left the asphalt folder and went through the fence of a field.