After the last increase of 27% in three sections of the salary of domestic workers that was agreed last March, next Tuesday, July 25, the National Commission of Private Houses and the Ministry of Labor will hold a new meeting.
The objective is to define the new salary scale for the employees reached by the category. The inflation parameter will be taken into account to define a new floor in each of the categories of domestic service.
It is worth mentioning that initially, and according to the estimated calculation and as a minimum, the new increases that would apply from July will be in line with the recent increase in the Minimum, Vital and Mobile Wage (SMVyM) that increased last week by 34% in three sections.
What is the current salary scale?
• Retired Supervisors: $116,966;
• Supervisors without retirement: $130,287;
• Personnel for specific tasks with retirement: $108,668;
• Personnel for specific tasks without retirement: $120,966;
• Home: $106,023;
• Assistance and care for retired people: $106,023;
• Assistance and care of people without retirement: $118,151.50;
• Personnel for general tasks with retirement: $95,345.50;
• Personnel for general tasks without retirement: $106,023.