A man and his son were left caught in the flames early Friday morning after his tinting and upholstery shop caught fire. Both were transferred to Burn Institute in critical condition and it was confirmed that its owner passed away at dawn on Monday.

It was the neighbors who notified the police and the fire department after hearing the desperate cries for help.

It was recorded that the victim, oscar gonzalez suffered burns in more than 70% of his body while his son, Nicolás, was affected mainly in the air ways and meets respiratory assistance.

The event occurred in the early morning of December 9 in Duarte Quirós at 4150 in the Uritorco neighborhood, in a place called Oscar Glass. The causes of the fire have not yet been confirmed while the results of the tests are awaited.

Also read: A workshop caught fire in the Uritorco neighborhood: its owners are serious